Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Family Guy and Atheism

I love Seth McFarlane. Family Guy is one of my favorite comedies despite not being able to keep up with it thanks to not having cable for a long time. Of course I noticed that all the atheist blogs I read are buxxing about the Family Guy episode in which Brian comes out as an atheist. The episode is really awesome and really gets atheism in how we view things but how hard it is to be an atheist around so many theists. If you haven't seen it, it's on Hulu

As it turns out Seth is an atheist which is really nice to find out. I always focus on the careers on actors or singers I like because I not only respect their privacy, but I don't want to find out if they're into things like Scientology or vaccine denial. But still, it's not a bad thing to find out someone you're a fan of shares some of your views, especially when that view is highly contentious and demonized by society.