Monday, July 02, 2012

Why I Am An Atheist #20: Adam

Boston Atheist member Adam writes:

I've got some of the same reasons for becoming an atheist as Vlad does [see the "Why I Am An Atheist" post of June 20, 2012]. I think that most self-pronounced atheists probably had very religious childhoods. Most people who weren't raised around religion don't seem to think it's as important to announce that they don't believe. Critical thinking, Science, Philosophy, etc. But I have a sneaking suspicion about another cause. Early infestation of Toxoplasma gondii.


I haven't been tested yet, so it's just a pet (pun intended) theory, but... I bet a disproportionate number of us atheists are infested.

(I only half kid.)

*

This post is part of a series, in which members of the Boston secular community explain how they came to the decision to identify as atheists. To read more posts in the series, click here. To submit your own story, email bostonatheists@gmail.com.