Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss California and the Freedom of Speech

I was planning to blog about how Carrie Prejean was able to keep her Miss California crown and her grossly incorrect characterization of free speech. However I find myself not needing to, as Keith Olbermann once again gets the point across in words better than my own:



I will, however, comment on Prejean's statement that she had "God in her head and her wanted her to witness to everyone." Isn't you all-powerful God strong enough to get the message across if he really wanted to? Why would he use the platform of a Miss USA pageant?

I'm always amused when people make statements like this. It displays how unabashedly arrogant the religious can be when they think God is speaking to them. God is so often just a tool people use to prop up their own bigotry.