Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why I Am An Atheist #8: Angelo

Boston Atheists member Angelo writes:

After thinking about it for some time, I came to some conclusions. I thought of all the gods throughout history. I thought of all the gods that are still around today. I thought that to believe in any one of these gods, you have to believe that all the other gods were just made up stories. I then  thought it was at least possible that the god I believed was also just a made up story. At that point it hit me, it is just made up, like all the other ones. Once I began thinking that specific thought, it was very difficult to feel how I once felt about God. That was the beginning of how I began identifying myself as atheist.

*

This post is part of a series, in which members of the Boston secular community explain how they came to the decision to identify as atheists. To read more posts in the series, click here. To submit your own story, email bostonatheists@gmail.com.